1. What are mast cells?
2. What is mast cell disease?
3. What causes mast cell disease?
4. Is mast cell disease heritable?
5. Can mast cell disease be cured?
6. What symptoms does mast cell disease cause?
7. Why are skin and GI symptoms so common?
8. Why are symptoms not the same for everyone?
9. Why do symptoms change over time?
10. How is mast cell disease diagnosed?
11. What kind of doctor diagnoses mast cell disease? Can any doctor order these tests?
12. What do these blood and urine tests look for?
13. What do these biopsies test for?
14. Are there special instructions for the tests to diagnose mast cell disease?
15. How is mast cell disease treated?
16. Do I have to take medication if I feel okay?
17. Does mast cell disease impact mood, anxiety, and depression?
18. Are medications for depression, anxiety or other psychiatric conditions used in mast cell patients?
19. How do other conditions affect mast cell disease?
20. Why do a lot of mast cell patients get intravenous (IV) fluids?
21. Why do people care so much about diagnostic criteria?
22. Is MCAS an early form of SM?
23. Is mast cell disease progressive?
24. What is degranulation?
25. How do I know what I will react to?
27. Can mast cell patients travel? Can they fly?
28. Why are so many mast cell patients anemic?
29. Why do I swell up when I have a reaction? Where does the fluid come from and where does it go?
30. Why does my skin get red and itchy?
31. Does mast cell disease cause cognitive issues?
32. Is mast cell activation the same as mast cell activation syndrome?
The questions I have already answered in other posts
33. What is the difference between primary and secondary disorders? How do you know if your disorder is primary or secondary?
34. What are the differences between the forms of systemic mastocytosis?
35. Why are there different sets of criteria for mast cell activation syndrome? What are the differences between them?
36. Is MCAS less serious than SM?
37. What is the difference between mast cell activation syndrome, mast cell activation disorder, and mast cell activation disease?
38. What is the difference between the forms of cutaneous mastocytosis?
39. How are mast cell disease, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and POTS connected? (Part One)
39. How are mast cell disease, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and POTS connected? (Part Two)
40. What is mastocytosis of childhood? Is mast cell disease different from children than adults?
41. Can my mast cell disease go away? Will it ever not be a problem?
42. How is anaphylaxis related to mast cell disease? How do I know when to use my epipen?