In which I am so hopelessly behind

Hi, everyone –

I am weeks behind in responding to some emails and comments.  I don’t want anyone to think I’m ignoring them.

I am strongly considering stripping some questions of identifying information and posting the responses on a weekly basis because I am often asked similar nuanced questions that aren’t really completely addressed in any one post I have already written.  What do you guys think?  Does anyone strongly object to this?  I would ensure that the question would not be identifying.

Thanks for your patience!

Lisa

1. Robin May 6, 2016 / 8:38 am

Wonderful Idea!!!

• Pam May 6, 2016 / 1:19 pm

Lisa, I wish you could gave thought if that a long time ago. This is a wonderful idea and hopefully will save you time, effort, and a little more time for yourself and other happenings in your life. Thanks so very much for all of your help and knowledge. ❤️

2. Carol Wong May 6, 2016 / 8:39 am

I think that would be a great idea. I had a few questions sometime ago. Maybe I will remember them and post them.

3. Allison May 6, 2016 / 9:12 am

Great idea. All help is appreciated.

4. Cindy Maak May 6, 2016 / 9:38 am

I am totally ok with that. You should do what works best for you, because you are donating your time for this. If people don’t like this new approach, then they could always get their info elsewhere.

5. Heidi May 6, 2016 / 9:50 am

Sounds like a good idea.

6. Colleen Pisaneschi May 6, 2016 / 9:53 am

Condensing replies would be just fine! You can tell how much we appreciate your efforts, so please make it easier on yourself if you can.

7. Troy May 6, 2016 / 9:54 am

Yes do what you need to keep it up – your efforts are deeply appreciated and if this makes life better for you then yes. We readers can do our best to keep personal to a minimum to help you out too!

• Cathy May 6, 2016 / 11:01 am

Excellent plan. For every question asked there are 50+ people thinking the same or similar question that haven’t asked you yet. Go for it!

It will be for the greater good 🙂

8. Sandy May 6, 2016 / 10:44 am

Yes please!

9. Moyra Alayne May 6, 2016 / 11:24 am

Great idea. I would think there are many Qs that are related. One answer would take of everyone.
    Or if your eyes and back can handle it, create a group answer so everyone is answered with one newsletter. It may be a long one, or come in parts, but as we most of us know, mc affects the total body. Physical, emotional, psychological, spirit and every other aspect.
    For instance, I asked about itching, but you also replied to someone’s Q about the sun. That would be of interest to me as well as I have instant issues with the sun. I bruise.???
    So if it can be done but only once a week, I’ll wait however long it takes.
    Because I am very thankful you are here at all.

Sincerely,
    Moí

10. Karen Holmes May 6, 2016 / 2:04 pm

Great idea, Make things easier for you as you already do so much for us. You are so appreciated and loved. Thank you for all that you do and share.

11. Yvonne Branchflower May 6, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Your suggestion sounds like a very efficient way of handling Q&A.

12. Jan Hempstead May 6, 2016 / 2:52 pm

I think it’s a great idea. I look forward to each of your posts. Probably someone else is wondering the same thing. Thanks for all of your posts and responses.

13. Andrea May 6, 2016 / 6:19 pm

I think it’s a great idea! Then we can always go back to a certain question for reference .
    Thxs.!
    Andrea

14. Andrea May 6, 2016 / 6:25 pm

Yes I agree

15. Kathy May 6, 2016 / 10:50 pm

That sounds like a very efficient system Lisa. I am a fairly new follower, but I really find your information so helpful. I am currently in MC Hell.
    For your consideration to possibly answer:
    Could frequent long term mast cell degranulation cause demyelination of nerve cells leading to painful neuropathy and MS type symptoms? Pretty sure this is what is happening with me.
    Thank you for all you do!

• Michelle Dellene May 11, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Hi Kathy, just wanted to let you know I’ve got monoclonal mast cell disease and my neurologist answered this exact question for me because I, too, have MS type symptoms. He said that there is a chance, he believes, that it can cause long term damage. He told me to keep track of my symptoms closely and if they flare when I am triggered it is one thing but if it gets to where I’m flaring outside of being triggered, ie on a good day, then we may have to worry. Hope this helps and sorry you are going through this too.

16. Deborah Ewing May 6, 2016 / 11:37 pm

Lisa
    I think you idea for answering questions is a good one.

17. Kay May 7, 2016 / 7:11 am

Great idea. Anything to make it easier and less stressful for you.

May I suggest, if possible, that they could also be put on a separate page on your blog that is dedicated to Q & As. Then it would be easy for readers to find them.

Thank you for all the work you do and the information you provide.

18. Martha Riemenschneider May 7, 2016 / 11:13 am

Lisa,
    Let me begin by saying how much I appreciate all your effort to provide such valuable education for everyone. I am a nurse and not disabled but I have 2 family members who have EDS and MCAD. I also provide patient advocacy for others with EDS as a volunteer.
    I have shared your posts with many.
    Trying to keep up with writing a weekly post and answering all the email is a herculean task. That allows you to take care of yourself and others effectively and I definitely think you should do this.
    Hugs, Martha

19. Mark H May 8, 2016 / 8:19 pm

By all means! Hope you’re doing well! 😉

20. Angelica Heavner May 9, 2016 / 7:01 am

You can answer any way you like. Life has a tendency to interfere and with medical issues its even worse. Take your time and run your blog or questions anyway that works best for you.

21. Michelle Dellene May 11, 2016 / 9:07 pm

I think it’s a great idea. This is probably the best source of information on the internet at this point so we really appreciate your efforts.