Administrative stuff

Hey, everyone –

Just a quick note about administrative stuff.

I am getting a lot of emails, FB messages and blog comments with questions from patients and providers.  This is fantastic!  I had GI surgery last month and am still in the process of recuperating.  I am responding to questions as I am able, but it will take me a bit to get through the backlog.  I appreciate your patience.

I am pretty accessible via the MastAttack Facebook group and have answered tons of questions there.  Additionally, there are lots of other people in that group who are veteran mast cell patients and/or subject matter experts on mast cell disease, dysautonomia or any number of other topics.  Feel free to join if you like.

I have had some questions about whether or not I take requests for posts.  I sure do.  If there is something you are dying to know about, just let me know.  My turnaround time is usually a few weeks.

Everyone seems to like my “master table” posts.  I have a bunch of these that I use for quick reference.  Since people find them helpful, I will upload some more.  These are living documents and will be updated as I find new information.  Likewise, if you have a helpful addition to a master table, let me know.

Some patients have told me that in the past few months, some of my posts are more “sciency” and it’s less easy to understand.  I agree that this is the case.  The purpose of these posts is for you to provide articles with references to providers, and for providers to be able to utilize this site as a source of easy to digest information.  I am considering doing some simplified posts on specific topics for patients.  I am not completely sure yet how I will do this.

MastAttack was started for the purpose of making information about these diseases accessible to the patients who live with them.  To that end, I will find a solution to make sure patients can come here and feel comfortable in their understanding.

Thanks for your patience while I get back up to speed.  I feel really fortunate to have such interested and thoughtful readers.  You guys are the best!

Lisa

1. Sean-Michael June 11, 2015 / 5:38 am

you rock. Take your time healing and know you are loved

2. Veronica Hart June 11, 2015 / 8:24 am

I understand that the language of science can be a challenge at times for those of us without a science background. It is tough. I encourage people to keep reading because it is the exposure over time that helps you learn the vocabulary and unfamiliar terms. If you are a mast cell patient, you have literally the rest of your life to figure out how thing are interacting and how mast cells behave. Learn as much as you can at your own pace because it is just that important.

3. Kristin Elam June 11, 2015 / 8:36 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Agree, you rock! Heal.

4. Colleen June 11, 2015 / 9:09 am

Thanks for doing so much for us even when you don’t feel your best. We really appreciate all your hard work and dedication. Anytime you feel down or overwhelmed or hopeless-Know you have a whole group of invisible cheerleaders, rooting for you to make a speedy & safe recovery (and not just so we can pick your brain haha 😉 ). I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart <3 big hugs (& looking for to your post answering my mast cell diet questions)

• Lisa Klimas June 11, 2015 / 1:44 pm

It’s coming! I haven’t forgotten you.

• Colleen June 13, 2015 / 3:53 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! No worries (hugs!) I didn’t think you did 😉 I know your like the busiest gal ever & figured it was somewhere on a massive “to do list”-no pressure! I’m happy to wait as long as it takes 🙂

5. Colleen June 11, 2015 / 9:10 am

(*meant looking “forward”-gah auto correct strikes again *shakes fist, ever notice how that thing does more harm than good?)

6. Amy Jansen June 11, 2015 / 7:58 pm

I had no clue you were on FB.

BTW: I do appreciate your share of scientific facts.

7. Amy Jansen June 11, 2015 / 8:01 pm

I just found the FB group and send request. Awesome !

8. Angelina Rossi June 17, 2015 / 11:43 am

Thank you SO much for all you do!!! Your information and resources have been invaluable to many of us navigating this complex disease(s). Get better!!!